The world is changing and many of us are looking for more natural solutions. We're becoming chemically conscious and are increasingly concerned about the amounts of harsh chemicals used in everyday cosmetics and haircare products. Pregnancy, illness and skin sensitivity has also led many consumers to seek out products with a lower chemical compound.
We are one of the first hair brands to produce professional grade ammonia, resorcinol and PPD free permanent hair color making it gentle on hair, scalp and hands.
WHAT ARE THESE CHEMICALS AND HOW CAN THEY BE HARMFUL?
Paraphenylenediamine is a chemical substance that is widely and traditionally used as a permanent hair dye. People who are highly allergic to PPD have not been able to dye their hair with traditional hair color.
- Known as a possible carcinogen
- Allergies to PPD are common and reactions include dermatitis, reddening and swelling of the scalp and face.
- In some severe allergy cases the eyelids may completely close and can result in contact urticaria and anaphylaxis.
Used as a coloring agent and is also commonly found in topical acne treatments.
- Suspected to be an endocrine toxicity hazard
- Suspected to be a human immune system toxicant
- Suspected to be toxic to wildlife and the environment
A chemical that swells the hair cuticle so that color can be absorbed all the way through the hair.
- Unpleasant odor
- Many people become allergic due to exposure and suffer from itchy scalps and watery/red eyes while getting their hair colored.